Logo

Logo

Sunday, April 17, 2011

My all time favorite fashionista... Miss Carrie Bradshaw

I know to some of you the whole Sex and the City era is over, but to me it will always be an illuminating view of personal style that bends our minds past normalcy. Besides the fashion aspect of the show, we are given a new view of New York, no knock-offs from Canal or burgers at Planet Hollywood. We see NYC at its best, from Buddakhan to Barney's. If I could trade lives for one day with any fictional character, Carrie it would be. Let's take a look at her closet and choices...


Season 1


I can only imagine what first time viewers (I can assure you I was not one of them, way too young) thought of Miss Carrie and her vintage furs and naked dress. When I saw them many years later, I was in love.



Photo courtesy of A Gal’s Right to Style


Season 2


Carrie’s style is still a lot of fun but she talks about evolving her look because of the lack of evolution with Big. I love this fishnet/bra combo that is so daring and fun.



Photo courtesy of HBO


Season 3


I feel as though in season 3 Carrie’s style becomes very romantic especially in the beginning of the season with her vintage Halston. I actually got to see the dress below at a vintage store in Westchester county.



Photo courtesy of MyStyle


Season 4


One of my favorite outfits from season 4 is Carrie’s business chic look for her meeting at Vogue. Love the cameo she pairs with it. So memorable.



Photo courtesy of BriTunes 2


Season 5


I love this season because Carrie cuts her hair short and looks so dramatically different. My pick from this season is the final episode’s pink dress that was made for SJP but Pat Fields to hide her baby bump.



Photo courtesy of Couture Rehab


Season 6


Ah so many outfits in this two part season but I do have a favorite…



Photo courtesy of Style Feeder


Carrie Bradshaw will go down in fashion history as an icon, I have no doubt in my mind. Her character opened my mind to new styles and to a new place… NYC. I am so thankful for re-runs because I have to say that Carrie’s earlier looks were my absolute favorite. I think I will leave off with a quote by Carrie about fashion…


When I first moved to New York and I was totally broke, sometimes I would buy Vogue instead of dinner. I felt it fed me more.


Now I think I will go watch some re-runs… they never get old for me.

2 comments:

  1. I was just watching Sex and the City yesterday and thinking about how much I love Carrie and her fashion. Even the cry outfits I love. I think youre inspiring me to be more fashionable too. Anytime you want to go shopping and pick me out outfits, let me know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ! i love Carrie's style <3 ! and i love her.

    www.alittleinspirations.blogspot.com

    today evening i'll write about Carrie and also Sarah Jessica Parker.

    ReplyDelete