Logo

Logo

Sunday, June 12, 2011

My favorite fashion film: The September Issue

For any of you who have Netflix instant, I suggest you check out The Septembet Issue. RJ Cutler's look into the fashion world is both serious yet witty. You are taken around the offices of Vogue near Times Square and introduced to some of the magazine heavy hitters such as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley, Grace Coddington, and many more. While most people do not take fashion seriously, I think that this film shows the great amount of work that goes into a fashion magazine as well as the talent it takes to put it all together. The September issue of any fashion mag is the yearly Bible, although most resemble a telephone book when it comes to size. Most of the pages consist of advertisements from various companies as this ignites a war between the various mags in existence to be on top for ad pages.The film focuses on individual's lives as well as the various editorials done within the issue. Please let me know when editorial is your favorite! I would have to say mine is 'texture' with Grace Coddington. I think after watching the film you will be enamored with her and her kind disposition.

1 comment: