Logo

Logo

Sunday, August 7, 2011

I will always love purple…

Today was my two and a half year anniversary with my boyfriend Michael. I was awoken by beautiful roses. Purple and red to be exact. The purple ones are especially pretty. Just a little inspiration for the fall.

IMG_1297Pretty great guy, eh?

While looking through the August issue of Vogue today I noticed model Lara Stone in an amazing fox fur Gucci jacket. Of course the editorial was styled by none other than Grace Coddington, who in my mind is the god of all stylists.

IMG_1301 Photo courtesy of Vogue

On a recent trip to the Goodwill I snagged this vintage jacket for $7. It was an amazing find. I am tempted to put it in my store but I think this one may be in my closet for good.

IMG_1303IMG_1304 IMG_1305IMG_1306 It says Sevilla, maybe this is actually from Spain?

Now the jacket is dry clean only and I cannot stress enough to you the importance of abiding by that rule with vintage clothing. A piece like this was made in a different time meaning the dye could be more prone to run. Think of it this way… if you get an amazing jacket like this for $7, a $7-10 dry cleaning charge isn’t so bad in order to maintain the piece and kill any possible things that could be lurking in the clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment