Logo

Logo

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Back to Blogging: Some New Vintage Finds

So it has been awhile since I have made a decent blog post. I was going through a lot of stress at work and have since left my job. If you are wondering, I left on a good note so no bridges were burned. For now I will be taking some time off meaning I can get back on track with blogging.

I recently made two vintage Etsy purchases that I would like to share with you. A lot of people comment on "how much money I must spend on clothes, bags, etc." To be honest I probably do spend more than most normal people on clothing and accessories in general BUT I have found that spending more money on quality is better than spending less on cheap clothing. I would rather spend $150 on a pair of knee-high black leather boots then $150 on a clothing spree from Forever 21. In fact, I believe once you hit a certain age (I am 23) certain stores should move slowly off your fashionista radar.

They include:
Forever 21 (Probably the best of the group but the clothes are made super cheap)
Charlotte Russe (Has gone ghetto)
DEB (Ditto Charlotte Russe)
American Eagle (No idea why I ever wore clothes from here, BORING)
Abercrombie and Fitch (Better quality but BORING)
Hollister (Great for surfers in California, not anywhere else)

If you need a good place for decently priced clothing with better quality I suggest:

H&M
Nordstrom Rack
Urban Outfitters
Asos (from the UK but they have an online store)
New York and Company
Express
ALDO
Marshall's and TJMaxx (you need to do some work here to find the good quality items)

OR you could wear vintage clothing like me!

So now that I gave you a lecture (meant with good intentions of course) here are my new finds...


This is a rabbit fur scarf from a vintage store on Etsy called Some Velvet Vintage. This store is incredible. I strongly recommend you take a peek. Yes, I do wear fur. It is vintage so I really don't feel that I am breaking my moral code for animals that died years ago. I would never buy new fur.

The other find is one of my all time favorites:


This bag is similar to the one SJP carried in SATC2. It is from I Love Swift Vintage on Etsy.


One of the best things about taking your money and investing it into a vintage piece is that you rarely see anyone else wearing what you are wearing. That is a great feeling!

1 comment:

  1. Brdgt:
    Good luck post-job.
    No excuse now not to blog blog blog.
    Smck

    ReplyDelete