Logo

Logo

Monday, November 21, 2011

In memory of my mother, Happy Birthday.

Today my mom would have turned 60. Looking back upon all she did for me I can’t help but think that she would be so proud of my blog and my budding styling career. She was a very fashionable person herself and had an undying love for gold jewelry and leather bags. I thank her for giving me such creative freedom when dressing myself even at a young age. When other girl’s parents were keeping their leash too tight, my mom was urging me to wear the eclectic outfits that I wore then and still wear today. She never urged me to pile on makeup but at the same time she never told me I couldn’t wear it as she said it enhanced my features. She helped me develop a strong sense of being as well as self confidence, even if I wasn’t feeling very beautiful at the time (we all had those awkward stages.) She also urged me to not follow trends. She was not a fan of Ugg boots but got me a pair one Christmas anyways because she knew I wanted them oh so badly. I give her credit because after a month or so I realized how unoriginal they were and how just about every girl on campus looked like a clone in their Ugg boots, Victoria’s Secret PINK sweatpants, and North Face fleece. She pushed me to be a creative leader, not a follower and for this I will always be thankful. I love you Mom, Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment