Thursday, February 9, 2012

NYC Recap

Despite the fact that the International Fashion Stylists Association Convention was postponed, I had a great time in NYC this past weeekend. My boyfriend and I spent two days in the city and got to meet up with a number of people we hadn’t seen since July.

On Sunday we watched the Super Bowl at the Bleeker Street Bar with my friend Bonnie Silva, a fashion stylist from Boston. We had a really great time watching the game and Madonna’s “crotch cartwheels”. If you are ever in the city check out the Bleeker Street Bar for good drinks, darts, pool, and even a photo booth!

On Monday we had lunch with my writing mentor (and cousin of my boyfriend), Steve McKee. He is extremely talented and a supporter of my blog. We had a really great time catching up and discussing the blogging world. Check out his site! I really recommend this article about his experience during the attacks on 9/11.

To end our time in New York we met up with Luke Storey and Lauren Messiah (my School of Style teachers) at The Jane (see picture below). It is a historic hotel which at one time housed sailors and even Titanic survivors. It is now notorious for hosting a slew of celebrities and models for parties where it is almost impossible to gain admittance. Unless it is a Monday, wink wink.

But who needs celebs when you are surrounded by future students and alumni of the School of Style?

IMG_2148

All in all it was a great weekend filled with friends, fashion, and fun.

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've been to your website. Thnx for posting more information.
    Also visit my weblog - Photo Booth Hire Adelaide

    ReplyDelete