Logo

Logo

Monday, July 23, 2012

A Truly Amazing Find: MTA Subway Wayfarers

Awhile back I had fallen in love with the MTA Special Edition Wayfarers. There were a few prints available but much to my despair most stores were sold out of these glasses. I never forgot them but knew that I would probably never find a pair. Or so I thought.

Friday morning I was running errands before work and to kill time I made a visit to my local Marshall's store. While I was browsing through the racks I noticed something that resembled my metro-print sunglasses. "They have to be fake," I said to myself.

When examining the glasses I realized they weren't fake at all. Overwhelmed with the happiness of the hunt I decided that these shades would be my birthday present to myself (my birthday is next Monday, the 30th). The glass were $59.99, a true steal for Raybans.

So why do I like the subway print so much? I happen to love the NYC subway. A lot of people ask me why I don't take taxis or buses instead? I know that many see the "dangers" of the subway but I embrace them. If you live with the fear of terrorists and criminals then you aren't really living and their terror reigns. New York City is my favorite city in the entire world and the subway is how I get around. It smells, its loud, and draws a very eclectic crowd, but I love it and always will.

Stand clear of the closing doors, please.



4 comments:

  1. I've seen those sunglasses! I LOVE THEM!
    Come back soon ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so adorable! Have never seen them! Just fabulous!

    http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete