Logo

Logo

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Scary and Stylish: Movies Just in Time for Halloween

I love scary movies! Whether they are cult classics from my childhood or the horror movies of modern day, they are a must-watch for Halloween. I am sure when you think of scary movies you don't necessarily think of fashion or style. If this is the case, think again! Below I am going to list some of my favorite frightful films filled with fabulous fashion.

1. The Birds

Tippi Hedren was the epitome of chic in this classic film where a small New England town is terrorized by just about every kind of bird imaginable. Despite the terror that ensues, she keeps her hair perfect and her fur coat looking fresh. Alfred Hitchcock can do no wrong in my book.



2. Carrie

Poor Carrie. I have always felt bad for her in this movie and will continue to do so every time I watch it. Despite the fact she gets blood dumped all over her, she really does look beautiful in her white satin dress and sparkling tiara. Those kids got what they deserved if you ask me.



3. A Clockwork Orange

This is one of the most sinister movies ever made in my opinion. Alex and his droogs are a band of delinquents that love to steal, kill, and rape their victims. Despite their bad behavior their uniforms have become one of the most recognizable in movie history. Who ever thought that one set of fake eyelashes could make such a statement?



4. Beetlejuice

The kooky cast of this classic film has stood the test of time as memorable and fashionable. My favorite accessory at this dinner scene? Delia's sideburns.



5. Hocus Pocus (just for fun)

I know, I know... this isn't a horror movie or even a scary one at that. Okay, maybe it did scare me when I was little. My main point is that I think just about every little girl wanted to be Sarah Jessica Parker when they watched this. She looked pretty and had an awesome costume as did many of the other characters who wore period pieces.



What scary movie(s) do you find fashionable? Let me know below!

5 comments:

  1. I love the Birds! It's such a classy movie. I can watch it all over again

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tim Burton's movies so much: actually they're not scary but I love the atmosphere, so misterious!
    Kiss
    www.tatilovespearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the movie Carrie!
    I cannot wait to see the new Carrie film!
    Do you want to follow each other?
    If so, follow me and I will follow you back for sure!

    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love beetlejuice, its my favouritist film ever :)

    Helen

    x

    Please check out my blog if you get a chance:

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete