I take that back... A LOT of people have begun their holiday shopping.
One of my top priorities is providing my readers with budget-friendly shopping ideas, whether it be for you or a gift for someone else. That being said, I would like to introduce you to the flash sale. What is a flash sale exactly? Well, the name is very suitable to describe what happens during one of these sales. Merchandise is purchased... in a flash. Companies give goods to sites like Hautelook or Fab.com (my two favorites) at a discounted rate in the hopes of cleaning out their warehouses while still making some sort of profit.
What does this mean for you? It means that you and your wallet will be very happy this holiday season.
All you have to do is simply sign up and shop away. At one point in time some sites were very VIP, but as popularity of these sales has grown accessibility to them has become incredibly easy. With most, an email and password is all you need.
Like me, you probably hate getting spammed with emails about sales but with a flash sites you need these messages. They keep you updated with what is going to be sold and at what time. Time is the most important factor here people. I have seen products sell out in minutes. I am currently waiting for sales to start on Hautelook at 11:00 a.m. and I guarantee you that I am not the only one.
Some advice for using flash sale sites:
- Read their emails so that you can decide what you really want to focus on without loosing time.
- Use their holiday gift guides to your advantage. Most sites will break down their merchandise by recipient such as dads, dogs, etc.
- Read the fine print! A lot the merchandise sold on flash sales is all sales final.
- Make a list of holiday gifts you need and focus on those, this is not a time to be selfish.
- Some sites have "cart time limits" meaning after a certain amount of time in your cart the item will go back into the site for someone else to purchase.
- On the other end, if an item is in someone's cart "on hold", keep checking back to see if their time has expired.
- Pay attention to the time zones listed for the sales. Some are in Pacific time.
My favorite flash sale sites:
On these sites you can save up to 70-80% off the retail price.
Flash sales might not be the right kind of shopping experience for you but there is no doubt that you will find great deals on some pretty awesome merchandise.