Logo

Logo

Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Best Places to Shop

It is Fashion Week in New York City and bloggers everywhere are writing all about the collections for next fall. If you are like me, you are probably drooling over every piece that makes its way down the runway until you think about the cost of wearing designer clothing. That being said, you do not have to be rich to look fabulous. The main focus of runway collections are the trends that are seen: colors, prints, time periods, etc. Many stores today base their (affordable) collections on the trends seen in New York, Paris, Milan, and London making it easy to be trendy and save some money. Below you will find a list of places (some may be brand new to you depending on your country of origin) to shop for each season's most popular trends.

Topshop - This UK transplant is a fantastic place to shop. If you have never been to the Topshop in NYC, I highly recommend you check it out.

Asos - This UK store offers shipping to the US and has some really unique pieces and accessories.

ModCloth - A really great place to find fun clothing (and vintage clothing) for reasonable prices. Items sell out fast so if you see something, buy it!

Go Jane - Cheap clothes, hands down. Great site for items that are super trendy without the price tag. I get a lot of "going out" shoes here.

Joe Fresh - Like H&M, online shopping for Joe Fresh is not available yet but it is worth a stop in NYC.

Mango - The first time I entered a Mango (as well as Zara) was in Mexico. It was a really eye-opening experience for me as the styles were much more chic and cleaned up versus the Forever 21 type of clothing that I was used to in the U.S.

Zara - I was in NYC for work in September and could not help but notice that everyone had on these great leopard "pajama-style" dress pants. Where were they from? Zara of course!

C. Wonder - This is a really great store that is fairly new. Created by Tory Burch's ex-husband Chris Burch, there are some really great items for reasonable price points.

Bleudame - A great little site that I love for accessories shopping.

Anthropologie - Once I grew out of my Urban Outfitters phase (Urban is great but after so long you must grow up and move on.) I started shopping at Anthropologie, its older and more sophisticated sister.

J.Crew - Most of the time J. Crew makes me drool.  The styling that goes on for their campaigns and style guides is bananas. Don't like the large price tags? Try J. Crew Factory.

Next - Another U.K. store (I swear I was British in another life.) that offers clothing for everyone from newborns to adults.

Miss Selfridge - Love this place. I can thank the many U.K. based blogs that I read for turning me on to Miss Selfridge.

Aldo - This place can be overpriced considering that most of its shoes are composed of man-made materials but if you can find a sale item then you are going to get some cute shoes for a reasonable price.

Nordstrom Rack - This store can be a lot of work but if you stick to online shopping it might seem less overwhelming.

Warehouse - An edgy UK store that offers some really great pieces for going out.

Hue - I am not much of a jeans person so I wear a lot of skirts and dresses. This is a great site to buy tights and leggings.

Dorothy Perkins - I was introduced to this brand while writing for Meets Obsession. A truly unique place to shop.

Lucca Couture - A great brand that has some funky pieces for everyday and going out. I recently got some sequined dresses from there that are perfect for a night of dancing.

LOFT - This is a store that has really turned itself around for the better as it appeals to a wide range of young female professionals.

DSW - A truly awesome chain of shoe stores that offers a great rewards program as well as high-end designers.

I am sure that along the way I forgot to mention some stores! Did a favorite store of yours not make the list? Tell me below!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment