Logo

Logo

Monday, August 12, 2013

Vintage Inspiration: 1920s Flapper

The 1920s are my favorite decade for fashion. Women were rebelling, hemlines were moving up, and sequins and feathers were key to the look of a flapper. I used the rebellious women of the 1920s as inspiration for my look of the day on Saturday. My dress was not overly glitzy but it definitely has a flapper feel with the fringe on the bottom.


Dress - Vintage
Shoes - Random Online Shop
Bag - TJMaxx
Earrings - Gift
Sunglasses - Nich Boutique



I love these sunglasses from Nich Boutique! They are really great because they go with just about everything, yet still have a unique design and pattern. 


These earrings were a gift, I believe they were made in South America. I really love how South American countries like Peru and Chile use bright threads and fabrics when creating jewelry, accessories, and textiles. 


I like to call these my Fauxstremes a.k.a. faux Dior Extremes. These shoes became popular when Sarah Jessica Parker wore them in the first Sex and the City movie as Carrie Bradshaw. 



In the end, laughter makes everything better. Take some time to laugh today, no matter what kind of day you are having. 

4 comments:

  1. This dress is gorgeous on you--great find. Also glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg that dress is stunning on you - totally 1920s. You look great! xx Kat

    Love and Ace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your lipstick and the photo of you laughing. :)



    Followed :)

    Also, I wanted to personally invite you to enter my Midsummers Dream Giveaway!

    http://mash-elle.blogspot.ca/2013/08/a-mid-summers-dream-giveaway.html

    Xo, Michelle

    ReplyDelete