Logo

Logo

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Geisha Meets Go-go

This was my mother's dress. Her cousin bought it for her when he was in Japan during military duty. After she passed away I inherited it, as you can see below. This is the first time since I was much younger that it has fit me, don't ask me how since my sweet tooth often gets the best of me and my hips.  I think that the color is absolutely beautiful, especially on people with fair skin. 

Another special aspect of the outfit is the shoes. Soon to be put up for sale in my Etsy shop, these leather sandals have an amazing cut out heel and front buckle. They remind me of the sixties, when women wore housecoats and baked cakes in pink ovens. Shoes from the sixties mixed with a geisha gown creates a look that is a little unusual but it totally works.  


I have gone with a deep red lip for the fall. What do you think?

\

I really do love the closures on this dress, so delicate.


How amazing is that heel? It surprises me that the shoes are incredibly supportive despite the lack of core in the heel. 


The statement buckle is so important. It complements the heel in more ways than one. 


Just a little close up. Hair and makeup not perfect, but in reality... nothing is.  

Do you own any pieces with interesting histories? I would love to hear more about them. 

8 comments:

  1. such an interesting and unique dress! great piece

    xx

    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SpoonfulOfDiamonds

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! You've got a beautiful blog! would you love to follow each other? :) let me know on my blog!
    xoxo Cecilia
    http://smilesavenue.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lip color for Fall, I love that the dress has meaning to you...perfect

    x
    Liz
    Indulgera Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful dress!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful dress. Just discovered your blog- I have a vintage shop too! I love the history to each piece aswell; makes it different to the usual highstreet stuff. <3

    Sarah-Jane xo
    www.vintagemagpies.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twe love the concept behind you blog. his is such a cute look! red really suit you

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look absolutely amazing, the dress & its color looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete