Logo

Logo

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Selling Vintage in Kennett Square

This past weekend was the annual two-day Mushroom Festival in Kennett Square. I decided to take advantage of my close proximity to the festival and sell some vintage clothing right from my front porch. I had a really great group of people stop by and shop, and for this I am very thankful. The weather was amazing as were all of my friends who stopped by to say hello and show some support for Other People's Trash Vintage Clothing

The dress below was a piece that I really debated on selling or keeping. As you can imagine, I opted for  keeping this special dress. 





An entire table of goodies. My accessories table included shoes, boots, jewelry, hats, scarves, and bags.   The hat boxes added an extra vintage flair. 


Racks upon racks of clothing. As you can see I color coded for easy shopping and a fun effect. 



I really do love my dress form. This dress got more compliments than any other piece. Unfortunately it was not purchased do to sizing. It fits a size four perfectly and can be purchased here


A view of the street fair from my porch. Most vendors on my end of town were sampling all sorts of yummy food like cheeses, chocolates, and dips. 


Don't you just love my sign? I had the cutest balloons but a lot of them popped in the sunshine. Or maybe it was just all the vintage energy in the air! 


Hanging the clothes up was my boyfriend's idea. I cannot take credit for his creativity. It really helped get the attention of the crowd. 


Like a boss. There is nothing else to say. Except that I really love that faux fur leopard coat and think that someone needs to make it a part of their winter wardrobe. 

How was your weekend? Does your town have any street fairs?

3 comments:

  1. Wauw you have some great vintage clothes, Love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey. Just found your blog and it is totally awesome.
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Let me know.
    http://cantellyou.blogspot.com
    With love,
    Vilma

    ReplyDelete