Logo

Logo

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Vintage Vantage Point: Cloche Hats and Vintage Chairs

I have been blogging for a few years now and it has never crossed my mind to use a prop in photos, until today. Thanks to my boyfriend, I was reminded of a really great vintage chair we found at a thrift store. I have something planned for it in the future, but for now it will maintain its sunny yellow color. 

My outfit today was a layering success. I started off with a simple button down blouse that has a tunic length. On top of that is a vintage wool overcoat of neutral tones that is for sale, see below. My hat is a cloche, a bell shaped hat which gained popularity in the 1920s. These are rarely seen today, but I am hoping that changes as they are very feminine and flattering. 

My slouch pants, you know that I love them, have a spotted appearance that adds depth. To finish up the look, I am wearing ankle booties. You cannot see detail in these photos, but they are faux pony hair, which adds another form of texture to my outfit. 


Hat - TJMaxx
Shirt - H&M
Brooch - My grandmother's 
Overcoat - Vintage, for sale!
Pants - TJMaxx
Booties - Libby Edelman







Bag - Vintage
Rings - Some vintage, some new


Some fun photos from the 1920s of women wearing cloche hats!




Photos from Idda van Muster

I hope that you have a wonderful week! 

Follow me on Twitter!
Follow me on Instagram: @otherpeoplestrashvintage
Like my vintage shop on Facebook!
Shop my vintage shop on Etsy


3 comments:

  1. "Cloche" ... hmmm. Is that a style, a fabric, a "look"? Is it a name of a person, a place, a thing?
    It's a great-looking hat, but tell me more!
    Stv

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cloche hat looks really good with your head and face shape (: You look like a vintage model in these pictures. That's really neat!

    ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're really pretty!love that hat.

    ReplyDelete